Connect with me

Saturday 5 February 2011

J Dilla....


J Dilla.....James Dewitt Yancey (February 7, 1974 – February 10, 2006)

He touched me musically without my knowledge....i knew his music but not his name.. from Badu to Mos Def....he made his mark on my waves way before i realised !!! When my friend Eric Lau gave me some of his music it dawned on me how much of an influence his music is on my life and many of my close friends.. its like the sound track to life !!! A very special Producer and artist and i truly give thanks....

Although he is not here physically, J Dilla's energy lives on in his music and this week coming marks 5 years on since the date of his passing.....i just want to send out a thank you in this internet and spiritual cosmos for J Dilla and people who find there self expression in the things they love creating...  its a special thing when your art touches the world. thank you J Dilla for your music....just a few i love below...believe me there's more still to discover!!!!

Most High Willing my Children will be bouncing to his beats like i did to Michael Jackson!!







check out some more:
j dilla.com
stones throw
wiki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.