Connect with me

Wednesday 6 July 2011

London Born Traveler .......Hyde Park, Train stations, clouds and just me

Above my phone photography & below my poetry...

London Born Traveler
I strolled through Hyde park today
Watching light between shadow leafs
paint gravel stones during sunlight hour, beside my feet...

My footsteps trace tight rope street line, 
where people glide & horses stomp,
making percussion clicks with their toes.
I then followed a path forwards somewhere
towards anywhere, 
where.....
Floating green-stone figured sculptures
stood fixed in an empty fountain,
Where birds skipped on heads,
nose, arms & legs spontaneously.

I'm in between city & nature
I find a tiny peace in my heart

A Women pushes press ups 
and i glimpse at a lil toddler
practicing her first steps on grass with 
arm stretched protective father close by.
my moment of brood...

The grass is green,
it's tempting to make stars and shapes in the earth
 and watch the sun turn some more yellow
and the sky turn some more blue...
but instead I keep my hustle fresh..
i tread on..

  Boris Johnson Barclay bike riders
breeze by in suits and brown briefcases
while bench sleepers
droop inside their bodies..
I smell horse manure & laugh quietly to myself...
The smell carries me into random song, 
I check under my trainers,
I giggle some more...
Unconvinced it's not just the horse,
i keep validating my soles ...
indeed my trainers are clean...
acting out weird convo's in my mind..
taking more pictures,& wondering what else I'll find...

On the London buses again
bidding farewell to Hyde park
I fiddle with my i-phone and camera
contemplating life, film,friends, batteries, exploration, breath..
daydreaming again...

London seems big today,
street art feels more valuable than museum collectables,
traffic lights produce a display of flashing red & green men 
i feel new to this city.....
free sound & light art,so urban & gritty...
signs become treasure maps
in tourist pointed directions..
i find hidden paths under subways...

time to eat... 

Slowly chewing on vegan foods at Vantra 
while wishing to see
Miss Badu & J Davey, live nxt week
at Brixton O2 Academy
with my vegan pal Sweetie
she's dropping hints about P&G...
now i'm feeling concerned about animal cruelty..
its been a long day...

Wrong direction on the central line,
re-boarding..
rushing
running, pushing
leaping sliding doors
yawning and train boredom, 
Soon home, soon home ....

i confess I'm a City wanderer,
London born traveler
life's beating, im breathing life in..
i budget my oyster zone 1-3 weekly
& move freely
traveling in my homeland.
i may as well call it that
as its a matter of fact..
although Africa said she wants me back..

Today each step a memory i keep
each picture i take a treasure in my heart..
may your travels sustain your mind, soul and memory...

im a London Born Traveler
By Sarina Leah Mantle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.