Connect with me

Sunday 29 July 2012

I used to Run

Hello my good friends,

I thought i'd share a very personal "back in the dayzzzzs pic with you just simply because its fitting with the currently climate of me growing up in Newham - The home for the London Olympics and spending my youth on the Athletics track with the Newham and Essex beagles competing at athletic tracks around Great Britain before Music & Design came along.



I had the pleasure of being an under17's sprint hurdler for International England team twice back in the 90's, i remember my spikes, blocks and that feeling of adrenaline pumping when sprinting indoor & outdoors. I never imagined doing anything other than sports at school.... i was that annoying "ATHLETE" if you know what i mean :) Always eager and ready to compete.

I stopped running when i was 19 years old after starting at age13 and choose to study Art at college & then fashion design. Music followed alongside and i remember that period of ((HAVE I MADE...a huge mistake!!)). It was tough because i had a hamstring injury and realized i was not some supreme untouchable being and that possibly i couldn't do everything (never believed that thou...ha ha)..however i made a choice and now look back amazed at this other life! i see some friends competing on the GB teams and now i salute and go crazy watching it! its great to Reminisce and remember why i love East London for its sporting community despite the poverty and low income families which most come from- i still enjoyed a vibrant sporting youth- so for the Olympics to be in a place like Newham i must admit it makes me feel happy.... and yes i wish money could be better spent on saving lives and improving human kind "No Doubt" but as a reflective thought on people worldwide coming together for sports and enjoyment for 16 days it does bubble my blood somehow.