Connect with me

Saturday 8 December 2012

A year to share, some travelling, fashion and Happy (soon to be) New year to you

I was just thinking about how much of a cool year its been and how grateful i feel!
The year is soon over in a few weeks got my tickets booked for NYE party wid my pal Han, 
and i'z is ready to begin the new year with head-dresses and glitter on my skin!! ...
I thought i'd gather some pics from the year of places i been and stuff i have been upto...check it out xx


My birthday back in jan was spent in Durham/Newcastle was nice and chilled spent time with Emilio and we visited a lovely green house  filled with pretty stunning plants and reptiles.




Can't help the cheesy posing and same applies below- been doing that since i was 12!!!





My group Native sun (Myself and Mohammed Yahya) had officially started performing live - finished recording and released a debut album called indigenous Soundwaves (out on itunes) We also shot native Sun's first Video for the album release called legacy , it was filmed and directed by Global Factions


In Feb i went to Sudan with a bunch of lovely music folks, hiphop Rapper Ty, DJ Big Ted & Tinku. 
Sudan took my breath away such warm hearted peoples and place.
We performed Emotions out there - which i featured on Ty's Album check it here: Emotions


soaking up the rays, my headphones were hotttt



The crowds in Sudan were incredible...








Back to London then Italy..
I headed to a stunning place called Orvieto to enjoy some limoncello, pizza 
Great company, people, music and beautiful sights with Emilio.






I went on my first Tour with Native to 9 different states 20 plus shows for 6 weeks and crossed the shores
 met my USA family good peoples like Nomadic Wax , Asad & manal & Janice, ....and great memories. Performing at SXSW, Trinity hiphop festival & more 
and i was literally dreaming awake !


Native Sun and the Reminders at SXSW what a moment xx
I met the reminders for the first time...wow they are so beautiful check em out: The Reminders web


 i loved Brooklyn so much!!! felt a little bit too comfortable there.



Last Skeptic,Sarina leah,Brother Ali, Mohammed yahya in Hartford Connecticut 


Messing and posing in AustinTexas!
Below another visit to Italy and drinking from fountains and more Pizza - i love walking around old roads and ancient bricks- but still not use to the change in car directions thou :( BOOOhoo !!




vegan Pizzzzzzzaaaaa yes yes yesssss





Native sun performed at a festival called wildheart - Brother Mohammed's shoes got MASHED to the bone and well my pink boots just about saw me through the deep mud! :) and more outdoor shows during the summer and olympic hype and then we visit Belgium to shoot two videos Lightness of happiness and Gallery Of dreams.






 we were on the pink poster to the left! yayayaa ladies toilet entrance nice!


Performing in Belgium was such a lovely experience and the 2 shows we did with Nuff Said in Ghent and Antwerp were such lovely vibes and crowds. I made the dress i wore in the video check it out: 
Bought the fabrics (black chiffon & patterned fabric) in hackney's ridley market 
and below its in cut parts in my beloved home studio:
See native Sun's Gallery of dreams video here: Gallery Of Dreams


Performed some of my solo music alongside Untold compilation peeps curated by Belle!!
With supa fab ladies in Leed's rather humbled to be alongside such talent! 
See more about untold project here:


me and Karen B


My homegirl Miss Ruby Wood blowing me away with her vocals!! Powerhouse :)
check out her group... i love there music soooo much: Submotion Orchestra xxxx


 In between music i created the MOSTTTTEST HUGESTTTT pattern ever for a sleeve lol!!!
Might i add, the only space to create this pattern was my kitchen floor- im being real it took me back to university days before i had a cutting table ! needed a wide space for this one!
i cut the fabric on my table and draped on my manniquin was so dope to see this piece develop!
This was a special dress for Eska for her show at the Queen Elizabeth hall and was i excitedddd....i haven't had much time to sew these days so this was very special for me to be apart of this project along side jack & rowdy -the minds & vision of the dress and styling xx.









 Eska on stage

Thought i'd take a moment to blend in with these beautiful creatives!!!
Russell, Fred Butler and Rowdy Superstar..Defo a moment xx


I set up my New Wildsuga handmade Cards on Etsy website here i love the idea of people writing messages with special cards and so i recycle used envelopes and hand draw my designs - print and package the cards with the process being hand made and one of a kind....Some of these cards are now happily stocked in a Lovely shop called united 80 in Brixton village xxx







Native Sun had a live Album launch at Bedroom Bar and we promoted it alongside Focus Organization and Restless beings which was a night too beautiful to express in words!! 

Photo courtesy of David Mensah

Photo courtesy of Mr Drastic


Off to Portugal native sun went recently and Bwoy was it fun, shared with Guti Angel, Rita and DJ Fitjas
i did a post recently so see last post if you like this journey xx

You know we can all look back at out our days and think wow time has flown by and it moves really quik when were having fun especially.... it was really therapeutic for me to look back along the timeline - especially as its chilly in London and all i wanner do is stay home lol xx so i thank those moments, those people who came to every show n checked out out the album and shared good times in places with me / native sun/ wildsuga fashion thank U universe, universal Loving people, thank the cosmic energy of our creator and peace on earth forevermore xxx

One love to U, thanks for reading my post)
see native suns latest video