Connect with me

Thursday 20 December 2012

Evolve...


I have always felt this undeniably deep connection with the ancient/ old/ traditional/ indigenous/ nomadic ways and lifestyles to which we are made for and are truly inseparable from. We are (sort of like) forgetful indigenous peoples living in a city structure. Beneath our concrete is land...the lampposts were trees :) i cud go on! but......ya kno....

Because of my curiosity (from a fashion point of view) it lead me to collect Heck of alot of research on groups of people from various tribes and communities. One of the communities i am forever drawn to is the Kuna people from Panama.  

Because of the Kuna community i started a collection of designs and images inspired by Africa and Central America Panama, Mexico, Colombia, for my new project called (i am Tribe) A mini collection i am working on for my label Wildsuga.com 2013.....very excited x

I had alot of visions and dreams of getting my Septum Pierced, i felt really connected to the meaning and expression of it so The septum piercing is particularly prevalent among warrior cultures, giving the face a fierce appearance....i love this !!
So i did, observed the feeling & i breathed in and inhaled like i do with a meditation and it was over in like 1 second! its pretty big and bold and may scare some but for me im truly in love with it. i feel relieved actually because i have wanted it for so Damn long!!

The Septum piercing was beloved by the Aztecs, the Mayans, and the Incas. They wore a variety of jewellery, but jade and gold were the most popular because of their religious associations. The modern day Kuna Indians of Panama continue this practice by wearing thick pure gold rings in their septum. 

Below are some pictures i found online (i did not take these) thou i wish i did :)! images and the first pic of me and my new piercing : #Evolving, #Newinsight #Newgrowth #Loveself #Power #metamorphosis #cocoonToButterfly  





 Beautiful Kuna Women and Mola behind